For those who have who 1st place for their how does it feel?

It was a great feeling for me I entered the state fair out here for the first time a couple years ago and I had no idea what to enter so I did the Cathedral rose window afghan and nothing else. I had no idea I was gonna win I just entered for fun and we went when the fair opened they had my afghan on the corner right in the first row it was so nice to walk in and see the blue ribbon on it I almost fainted. last year I entered my Toby Keith afghan and it took first as well. I just went with the thought of hey I entered it doesn't matter what I get if anything cause it was fun to do then its always a surprise to see a ribbon

One day it just hit me that I should enter some of the things I had crocheted. I had just received my County Fair Booklet. I entered 5 crocheted items and out of those 5, I got 4 Blue Ribbons. I couldn't believe it, I got all excited and "giddy" that I, "I" had actually "won" something!! Especially since that was my very first time entering anything!! I didn't enter these things in hopes of winning something, I just wanted to do it for the heck of it!! :hook

I always enjoy the feeling. When I look at the other work displayed and it's all so pretty and really put together well, and to know that out of all of them, mine came in first, well, it just feels good. Makes me happy for my grandmother, who taught me to crochet as well, even though she was gone before I won one first blue ribbon, let alone the state ones. She would've just been busting out all over!

Colleen

Archived