hook help!

bjz

Question

I am trying to crochet with nylon thread. I am ok with it, however my hook is starting to hurt my third finger. I know there are now cushioned hooks but don't have time to run around looking for one. does anyone pad theirs in any way that you could share with me. I tried to use one of those soft makeup remover pads and soft eye tape and it's good except it keeps moving on me. I thought maybe someone would have a better way, I'd be grateful for any ideas. ~ Brenda

5 answers to this question

I use the Crayola Model Magic kids clay. Put some around the hook and roll it back and forth across a hard surface, let it dry for 24 hours and you have a soft cushiony handle. It's not real pretty, but works great.

Others have used the Sculpey Eraser Clay. You put it on your hook same as above, bake on low heat according to directions and it dries like an eraser (and works as an eraser). I bought some, but haven't done this yet.

Just wanted to let you all know that I got the crayola stuff and also purchased the Clover soft crochet hook.

The crochet hook was better then the regular one, but that crayola stuff was terrific. I sat down and did all my hooks with that stuff. I molded it to the hook then sat down and did a few stitches with each one so that they are now molded to my hand print. This is a terrific idea and I thank you all for helping me out here. My hooks are all now partly neon yellow green and very easy to find I might add. :lol

Archived