Hearts

I Create

I love hearts as many of us do and have been trying different patterns for them. This one was in some of Prescilla Hewitt's free patterns for a coaster set I think. The multi color browns/creams etc is the size for the coasters. Made in cotton yarn. The other ones are made in baby yarn and the solid cream color is in size 3 thread. I did 2 sc in each sc around instead of a sl st in each sc on that one, to make the edge stand out a bit more. It's an easy pattern but I found that I need to tie the two ends together that you are left with in the center and pull it tight to complete the heart shape. My mind is whirling with what I can do with these hearts and what other yarns I could make them in, how to use them.:)

post-23943-135897429713_thumb.jpg

I think these would make great appliques for shawls, vests, baby blankets, etc. I also saw a pattern somewhere (I think in one of the Crochet! e-zines I just bought or maybe it was on a website) for a scarf called "Candy Hearts". There were a bunch of hearts about this size done in pastels that were sewn together in whatever pattern you want, like uneven rows, and it was adorable!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived