chain problem

Guest gramhouse

Question

Guest gramhouse

Sometimes, when using certain yarns, I have trouble seeing just where the next chain is. It's hard to tell if you are going into the same chain you just went into or the next one. Does anyone else have that problem? Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

That's usually when I end up frogging. I'll search around, take my best guess and keep going. After a few stitches, if it doesn't look right, all wonky and just plain old wrong, I'll rip it back out (frog!), and try again. Eventually it seems like the more I do, the easier it gets to find the right stitches to work in. Good luck and don't give up! :cheer2

That's it! Feel your way through. It's what I call "crocheting by braille". :lol

Seriously.... it's like Julie says.. stitch some, frog some (in my case - aLOT).

Not much help... but maybe it helps to think you are not alone in this situation?

:shrug

LOL...that really is a problem with eyelash yarn.

I had the brilliant idea to make a boa with that yarn...won't be trying that for a while as you can't see a thing. It's also hard to feel through all those "strings"...even when using an N or P size hook.

What DID work was that I held the piece up and in front of a light...the light shone through the yarn/stitches making it much easier to "see" through the yarn and where to place the hook for the next stitch. :D

Archived