Sc Ridges

Well today I learned a new stitch the sc ridges stitch question I have is can I make a wrap out of it? Just want 2nd opinions I like the look of the sc ridges so I thought I would make it wrap out of the pattern

is this the sc ribbing stitch? do you have a link to the stitch?

Any stitch can be used to make a wrap... not all should be used to make a wrap

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I think what I would do is pick a wrap pattern that uses regular sc and substitute in the sc ridges. Not sure what the stitch pattern you're talking about looks like though, so you might want to make a small 4x4 swatch before you tackle the whole wrap to make sure you like it. And it sounds like the kind of stitch pattern that would give you a "stiff" fabric, so you may need to go up in hook size to give it better "drape."

thank you to both of you for your suggestions I took your suggestion Selena K and made a swatch I like the single crochet ridges but just doesn't seem to fit to make a wrap with it and Darski I have a swatch of it so you can see what I mean by the sc ridges stitch

post-23521-135897422558_thumb.jpg

looks like sc ribbing. Is it worked in back loop only?

it is very stretchy but it is not a stitch I would use for a wrap. but then we all have different tastes about this sort of thing. And that is something I just love about life and crochet. :ghug

looks like sc ribbing. Is it worked in back loop only?

it is very stretchy but it is not a stitch I would use for a wrap. but then we all have different tastes about this sort of thing. And that is something I just love about life and crochet. :ghug

Yes it is worked in the back loops only. Yes it does agree with you there yeah it is stretchy that's why I decided not to use it for a wrap after I made the swatch

Back in the early 70's (give or take a year or so), Woman's Day had a feature and patterns using only slip stitch ridges --similar to sc ridges. They made a purse, a skirt, a shell top, etc --but I don't remember a stole.These patterns might be in one of the Woman's Day Crochet books from that era.

Nancy

Archived