Crochet Cruising?

Has anyone here ever gone on a crochet cruise? I've always wanted to go on a cruise and one for crocheters seemed even better! I've signed up (it's not until June 2010) and can hardly wait. How was your experience? (if it was *really* terrible don't tell me!) I hear Drew will be there (thecrochetdude) so it should be fun.

A few years ago, 2 friends and I went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera with Carol Duval. We didn't care where the ship went, we were there for the crafting. We signed up for classes with instructors from her HGTV show, which is no longer in production. No crocheting, but I took a class with Tim Holtz, which was a blast. I made cards and folded paper projects, too. There was a fashion show contest and giveaways, such as scrapbook papers made just for our cruise, and Coffee With Carol. It was one of the highlights of my life.

If I had more money, I would cruise with Drew in a heartbeat. Make sure you take lots of pictures and report back to us.

Thanks Terry, sounds like you had a blast! I miss Carol and her fun show... You might check out the cruise I'm going on - 7 days and not too pricey compared to some others I've seen and you've got til March (I think) to pay it off. If you can't go on that one maybe you could save up for the next years cruises (there are several a year of all kinds including crochet). At this point I certainly plan to!

Put a crochet cruise on my "someday (sigh)....." list

As for Carol Duvall, I actually learned to Crochet from her program. I taped (yes taped not dvr) the segment and watched it iver and over until I got it!

I saw the cruise you mean and I've been thinking about it. I think it would be great to meet Drew and see what he could teach us.

I have never been on a crochet cruise, but I have been on cruises before. I love them. My husband not so much. Just be aware that you don't pay cash for anything on the ship. It is all put on your bill and you pay for it at the end. Have fun!

One of the things I like about the whole cruising thing - you can pay for it on time, like layaway (up to a point) and then it's paid for and you can just enjoy yourself. Yes, I've heard about the 'cruise credit card' thingie AND the tips they automatically add-on each day and am budgeting accordingly.

Would love to meet others from C'ville there!!

So, Titus2woman, consider yourself encouraged and come join us! It would be so fun to meet others from C'ville. I'm taking one of Drew's classes and one of Myra's. Should be interesting!

Here you go! http://www.craftcruises.com/cruise.php?brand=Crocheting%20Cruises&cruise_name=Glacier%20Bay%20Inside%20Passage&cruise_line=Holland%20America%20Line&cruise_ship=ms%20Zuiderdam&dep_date=2010-06-05&cruise=34

I'm booked for the 2010 Glacier Bay Alaska cruise but there are several others if Alaska doesn't suit you. And no, I don't work for the travel agent I'm just an excited future cruiser! However, if you do decide to go please mention my name (Rusty StoneZebra) and say you're from C'ville... I keep asking her if anyone from C'ville is going besides Drew and me!

Archived