poncho size

mrsvac

Question

5 answers to this question

I've seen some folks have done a few rounds of sc at the neckline, with decreases on the shoulders. Not sure how that would work with your pattern though. :thinking2

This happened to me too. :ohdear It can be so frustrating.

I used the Posh Poncho (linked from the CPC site), adjusting it to make it smaller for my 8 y/o niece. :)) Apparently I did NOT adjust it well enough because it slid off her shoulders, straight down to the floor!!!

What I did was crochet IN from the neckline... making it look as close to the original stitch pattern as I could. I think it looks great. And she was perfectly happy with it. :thumbsup

Another thing you might try (I considered this.. but didn't do it)... some spaghetti straps that go over the shoulders... so that it still goes off the shoulders... but has something to hold it up?

Good luck!

I had one that was a little on the big size around the neck(they must think kids have heads the size of beach balls) hehe. I just crocheted a cord and put some beads on the ends and ran it through the top of the poncho, it looked pretty neat. That way they can make the neckline as big or little as they want. Eight year olds should be okay with the cord in the top.

Archived