Lion Brand Microspun

jenuine226

Has anyone tried making a shawl out of LB Microspun? I think it is gorgeous stuff (so soft!), but it seems very slippery. I don't want a shawl I have to keep pulling up because it keeps slipping off my shoulders. :irk

Also, what kind of yarn have you all been using for shawls? Thanks.

I love Microspun!!! The only problem with it, is it seems to unravel (for lack of a better term) when you crochet with it. Once the stitches are in place it's fine, but it's between the ball and the hook that it tends to loosen up and unravel. So my advice, when using Microspun, keep your tension loose but firm and make sure you pick up all the strands of thread before you go to your next stitch. Other than that, I love making almost everything out of it from shawls, skirts, purses, baby things, etc. And it comes in such a wide variety of colors and BRIGHT colors!

I also love Microspun. I have made numerous hats out of the stuff and love the texture. I haven't had a shawl yet.....but it is on my LONG list of projects! I agree that you have to maintain a fairly firm tension, personally I have to crochet a little slower just to make sure I have all six threads.

I have made clothing items with it and it's not too slippery. Cheryl is right, it does unravel when you crochet with it and can be a bugger. It can snag easily too (on FO's). But it feels so nice, the drape is wonderful and the colors so vibrant!

I totally heart Microspun!

I've made the Ripple Shawl from the Lion website and am really pleased with it (see my blog for pics). Just follow Diamond's advice and you'll be fine.

I made the pineapple shawl with the microspun and used 5 balls with an "H" hook. It was not the easiest to work with, but the drape is wonderful and so is the color. I made it for a lady at work and she snatched it the minute is was done, so no pics.

LOve it! I have made a shawl and a poncho and love to wear both of them. It does split(I guess that's what you'd call it) when you're working with it, but completely worth it. I tried different hooks and that seemed to help a little. One with a less pointy head like a Bates or a Crystalite.

Archived