Hook-A-Loop Hooks

Went yard saleing yesterday and found a tote with yarn and these hooks. I've never seen them before, so I don't know how to use them. Am hoping that someone here will know what and how to use them.

th_hook-a-loopcrochethook.jpg

th_betterview.jpg

Hi Terri,

Y.Marie here,kind of new to the board. When I saw the tittle Hoop-A-Loop. I wanted to see what it was about? I had just seen a new crochet book in a email I received from Annie's Attic, you may want to check it out. Just go to her website.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Y.Marie

Locker Hooking uses hooks with an eye at one end I think. Maybe your hooks are the "fancy" version of a locker hook? Just a guess since the pics are small & I've never used a locker hook.

I sort of remember that there was a small trend going about 10 years ago with a hook on one end and an eye on the opposite that was supposed to look like knitting. Someone on BellaOnline had a blog (before blogs) about buying one and using it.

oh my, was so hoping someday,someone would also come across these loop hooks here at the ville,and discuss ,I bought a lot of assorted hooks long ago from one of the online sellers..and some of these odd ball hooks were in the Lot ,I tried to find something about them on line at the time to no avail..I use the G and K hook alot I like the hook head and nice n long for my large hands and they are well made for plastic type and glides nicely though most yarns I have used ....but what the needle eye thingy is for is beyond me and now hearing this contraption turns out projects that looks like knitting is really a mystery to me that plus not finding anything about them online..I mean I usually get a hit or two on everything . It's also strange how like her pic..some of my hooks have that huge bulky ring sticking out ,I usually don't use those and always trying to figure a way to snap them off lol and sand it down most of mine just have a large needle eye at the top another enigma on why there is different hoops, loops and eyes..

running to annies to try to find the book might have a little info..

With some leads from the book at annies which also led me to a youtube video seems these hooks we have are a different animal than the locker hook or hook that would be used in this book, the hook used in annies book which is made to bring a string along as you use the crochet hook to bring fabric strips thru a large latch hook mat or other bases to secure the strips hooks used for these projects don't have large protuding rings on their sides and other oddities lol they are long and smooth with eye at top not like ours with finger rests and other bulkly items attached to them ..so the mystery still evades me..

Archived