Filet Crochet

Cordelia

Question

While attempting my first graph reading/filet project I have hit a roadbloack already. I used this link to make a graph which is wonderful!!!

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ (Thanks Alisha!:hug)

I made a graph and there are curvy bits and I was wondering how to make the stitchs fall together where it looks more curvy...I did minus a chain stitch onthe right hand side and made a curve however the other side...well I'm lost!

I guess the long and short is: How do you make curvy (like hips on a woman) type filet projects? :think

Thanx!

5 answers to this question

well one thing you could do is change the stitch, most filets are dc and you could do a hdc and maybe a sc instead of 2 dc, might make it kind of curvy. good luck:hug

on the charts in my book the ones that are rounded are done by doing increase/decrese of your open and closed meshes. So for instance, you might do one more closed mesh on the next row and the one after that etc. till you get your curve, then go even for a bit, then do one less closed mesh per row till it matches the bottom or whatever. I don't know if that makes any sense or not, and coming from another newbie to filet.... well I could be wrong rofl. But without seeing your pattern, that's how it looks on the ones I have.

Archived