Sock Yarn Therapy

xantha

My :cat Claw is very sick and my :dog Ginger went into the vet today to be spayed and I have been stressed and worried about them all day!

To help me deal (or distract me), I ordered a few things online that I've been looking at. I'm on a quest to try every sock yarn out there, so I ordered a few things from Simply Socks Yarn Company (a relatively new shop I know of due to the socknitters group).

What did I order?

* one hank of Interlacements Toasty Toes in #207. This is expensive yarn-- but it's also an 8oz hank, which for me means 3 pairs of socks since I like shorter socks. Cherry Tree Hill is ~$22/4oz hank for handpainted, so this is slightly cheaper than that. Rationalization!

* one ball of Regia Jubilee in the blue color.

* one hank of Opal Handpaint in #19

I am supposed to be on a yarn diet, but with the stress, I had to buy something! :blush

:hug and more :hug for your cat and dog, but jeez you're going to torture me with the sock yarn! :lol Beautiful stuff, just gorgeous and drool worthy. :heart And bookmarked, too!

Hehe, I hear you about the yarn therapy. After being miffed at my husband for coming home a lil late, I went to my LYS. When they didn't have what I wanted, I ended up buying 2 skeins of GGH kid mohair and 4 of Berroco Mosaic FX. Totally NOT the Cascade Fixation I needed for my first project from Cool Crochet! But the mohair is like buttah and will make a bee-yoo-tee-ful shawl. :manyheart

Hope your kiddies are okay. :hug

I finally felt I was far enough along with my WIPs that I could place my KnitPicks order... only to discover that their colour your own sock yarn is out of stock! Aack! Well, I placed my order anyway. Any idea if they ship what's in stock out first, or if they wait until the entire order is in stock? (I ordered enough to get the free shipping.)

Andrea, I'm not sure if they ship it all at once or not. You could email them and ask? I saw that the color your own was out of stock, too. :(

PJ, I love the GGH Kid Mohair! I should really pick out a nice lacy crochet pattern and buy some mohair and make a scarf or something so I have a reason to buy some. :)

My puppygirl is home today and acting like her normal self (mostly). Claw is doing a little better, but it looks like I might have to cook her food from now on. Oy. :)

Well, that stinks! The Interlacements -- the yarn in this order I was really looking forward to receiving -- didn't come, but the Opal and Regia did. The shipping form says that all three were shipped, but the Interlacements is nowhere to be found. I sent their customer service an email, so we'll see what happens.

It looks like the box may have opened and been reclosed with the Interlacements not in it. Waaaaa! :cry

Aww, that does stink! Hopefully they'll sort it out quickly.

I started a shawl using one strand each of the GGH mohair and Mosaic FX. Just by coincidence, the colors went well together, and it was actually easier to work with than either of them alone. Only problem is, I'm afraid I made the first chain too long and that I'm going to end up with a mammoth shawl! Mohair's a bleep to frog, so I may have to just stick with it and throw in some sneaky decreases. :blush

Oh, and in other yarn therapy news, I went ahead and ordered the Cascade Fixation I needed online, and it shipped today. Yay yarn! :clap

Archived