Some good clean fun?!

Yikes... that's a great question, Colleen... I end up throwing out some, too. although, I am feeding 6, so it's not as much as you would;)

oh... the other team are "imaginary"... it sure does make it easier to win! :rofl

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love imaginary teams! They are easy to beat. He sounds like lots of fun!

I have the same problem with canteloup, melon, even watermelon. I know I have to provide more veggies to keep us healthy, but when you are on a budget it's hard to justify buying them only to throw them out. :(

My mom is a good gardener too. I do not have a green thumb. I've planted at least one veggie with DD every year and the only thing I can get to grow is zuccini (which I like), but I only get 3 or 4 :shrug That said, my garden isn't very big. It's a lot of work and I'm not a big fan of standing out on a mosquito-y evening to water the garden. :blush

My mom is a good gardener too. I do not have a green thumb. I've planted at least one veggie with DD every year and the only thing I can get to grow is zuccini (which I like), but I only get 3 or 4 :shrug That said, my garden isn't very big. It's a lot of work and I'm not a big fan of standing out on a mosquito-y evening to water the garden. :blush

yep... my thumb is about as far from green as you can get!:lol My sister inherited the green thumb... i inherited the :hook! See? 6 of one...:rofl:rofl

so, you've been well?

I have missed chatting with you!

Hey... Canada is beating Switzerland 2-0

looks like we will play you again... for Gold!

I've been well. Busy, but well. I missed you earlier this week when you weren't around! I was worried :manyheart

I hope we get to play you again for gold! It really brings Canadians together when we play either the US or Russia for gold. I remember 2002 like it was yesterday. Thank gosh it is on a weekend and in the evening or no one would go to work that day :lol

Do you think my friends or neighbours would think I was crazy if I asked them to go halvesies on a canteloup or bag of baby cut carrots now and then? :rofl

How close do you live to your "Babble" friends? You could suggest a "co-op" of produce! I truly think it's a good idea:yes

I've been well. Busy, but well. I missed you earlier this week when you weren't around! I was worried :manyheart

I hope we get to play you again for gold! It really brings Canadians together when we play either the US or Russia for gold. I remember 2002 like it was yesterday. Thank gosh it is on a weekend and in the evening or no one would go to work that day :lol

Isn't it funny how some teams have that effect, and others it doesn't even matter? I love it! It's the same here... Canada and Russia. They had a special about the 1980 USA team last week. It was the "miracle" team.

One of them is right around the corner and she might go for it. She's got 2 kids, so not a huge family. I can just picture the hilarity. Ding dong, your half a melon is here!

Hopefully, it's the half of the melon that remembers to shut the garage door!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl.... or would you be fighting over it?:lol:devil

Isn't it funny how some teams have that effect, and others it doesn't even matter? I love it! It's the same here... Canada and Russia. They had a special about the 1980 USA team last week. It was the "miracle" team.

Canada and Russia played in 197something :blush and it was historic. The US is just a natural rival. Canadians are known for not having a lot of national pride and cohesiveness because we are a country of so many different cultures (although you wouldn't believe it these past 2 weeks) and hockey is the one thing that pulls us together.

tomorrow is housework, and more truckin of girls around to playdates...

Sunday is softball tryouts. Nobody in my house is trying out, but I am going with the girls' coach to evaluate. I am "helping" the team... nobody else "had time" :irk It's a good thing I love it....

that's about it...

how 'bout you guys?

Are your girls not trying out because they've already made the team? Or are they not playing this year? Good for you for helping. Those are the life experiences that kids remember and they wouldn't happen if not for the parents that help.

DH is working tomorrow so it will be just us girls. I'm thinking we might do a craft or bake or something special together. DD has a playdate on Sunday, but otherwise it will be a quiet one. We've had a very busy February, so a quiet weekend will be nice.

Archived