Some good clean fun?!

Yes we go to the library once a week usually and we'll continue to do that definitely. She does have lots of friends in the neighbourhood now that she's started school, which is great. I'm thinking of picking one or two times of the week to tell all the neighbourhood families to regularly meet at the park. We all play there after school, so it would be nice to continue that through the summer. We're going to a VBS for one week at a friend of our's church and I'm helping in the kitchen, so that will be fun.

What do your kids have planned for the summer? I guess you'll be going to the cape? I'm so jealous that DH gets to come to Boston in August. I would love to see it. :sigh

I wish you could come, too!

yes, we will be going to the Cape for 3 weeks in July, and maybe a week or 2 in August! :c9:c9 MIL redid the porch with some comfy new "wicker" furniture. Perfect for stitchin! Other than that, we have no plans to speak of

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish you could come, too!

yes, we will be going to the Cape for 3 weeks in July, and maybe a week or 2 in August! :c9:c9 MIL redid the porch with some comfy new "wicker" furniture. Perfect for stitchin! Other than that, we have no plans to speak of

Sounds wonderful. A lot of no plans at all is great for the summer.

Good for Pete! I hope he likes it. I know football wasn't his cup of tea.

I was kind of glad about that... he's also picked up golf with dad. I think he will love soccer. all the moms tell me that he NEEDS to play! ::lol we'll see...

ok toys semi-picked up (enough to walk in there) anything more will have to wait til we're done remodeling, so long as we can walk in there and there are no hard toys in the bed it's good right now

how true!

I'll be soooo glad when this is over with and I can have the living room back to normal and hopefully get the bedroom organized better.

Basically all we've been doing so far is birthday parties LOL We've got 2 more this month, then we get break until Sept... No plans for the summer other then just trying to stay out of the heat and humidity, and pray for no hurricanes with the mess in the Gulf

I think it would be pretty tough to justify the cost with us going to Disney. DH just booked his plane tickets. I think he's really looking forward to getting away...from us :(:rofl It will be good for him....not so much for me :lol

Colleen, you are too funny!

Sarah, I hope your renovations go quickly!

hey, I just got a text from Shannon... she says Hi! to you girls and will try to get on soon... she is trying to get Janna to bed.

I'd stay home for ya!!!:lol

Maybe you should talk to Mary... she has an aunt down this way. You girls could plan a road trip!:devil

That would be fun. Maybe someday. I'm hoping to see her next week though. I might be buying flannelghan yarn if she's going yarn shopping :hyper

Renovations are never fun...until they're done. I hope it goes quickly Sarah.

this weekend will be 3 weeks since we started this.

oh do any of you all have advice on how to get my son to go poopoo in the potty cause he absolutely refuses to go?

That would be fun. Maybe someday. I'm hoping to see her next week though. I might be buying flannelghan yarn if she's going yarn shopping :hyper

oh! that IS exciting!!!! you have been waaaayyyy too patient for that purchase!:lol

oh do any of you all have advice on how to get my son to go poopoo in the potty cause he absolutely refuses to go?

I'd just say patience, it takes time :shrug Lots of positive attention when he does it. He'll do it eventually.

oh! that IS exciting!!!! you have been waaaayyyy too patient for that purchase!:lol

Yes, I'm not doing so well with the not earning my own money thing.

Hey, I have a question for you ladies. Do you colour your own hair at home? If so, do you always do the skin test? I'm thinking of skipping it but afraid I'll end up regretting that :lol

boy, that's a tough one. it's scary. I think more so for the boys. My son had a hard time with that too. Maybe it's because of the sitting vs. standing? I ended up filling a little shelf with his favorite reading materials so he could be like daddy.

boy, that's a tough one. it's scary. I think more so for the boys. My son had a hard time with that too. Maybe it's because of the sitting vs. standing? I ended up filling a little shelf with his favorite reading materials so he could be like daddy.

:manyheart That's so cute.

Yes, I'm not doing so well with the not earning my own money thing.

Hey, I have a question for you ladies. Do you colour your own hair at home? If so, do you always do the skin test? I'm thinking of skipping it but afraid I'll end up regretting that :lol

it's a hard to adjust to not having your own income, for sure. It made me a lot more "frugal", let's say.

I do color my own hair. And do not do the skin test. do you have sensitive skin? what color are you going to do?

I've been invited to a girls night out where we go see the Sex in the City movie and we're supposed to "chanel our inner Carrie, Samantha, etc. and dress in her honor". Oh good grief! I don't thin any of those ladies are inside of me? And I don't think they wear jeans and t-shirts :rofl

it's a hard to adjust to not having your own income, for sure. It made me a lot more "frugal", let's say.

I do color my own hair. And do not do the skin test. do you have sensitive skin? what color are you going to do?

Skin not sensitive. I've done semi-permanent colour before without skin testing, but now I'm thinking of trying a permanent for the first time. I going close to my normal colour, a dark blonde.

I'd just say patience, it takes time :shrug Lots of positive attention when he does it. He'll do it eventually.

He's holding it until he can't hold it any longer and is actually making it painful for himself when he finally does go.

I've been invited to a girls night out where we go see the Sex in the City movie and we're supposed to "chanel our inner Carrie, Samantha, etc. and dress in her honor". Oh good grief! I don't thin any of those ladies are inside of me? And I don't think they wear jeans and t-shirts :rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl... I can relate!

oh, and I say "Go for it" on the color, especially if you have already done semi-permanent with no problem.

He's holding it until he can't hold it any longer and is actually making it painful for himself when he finally does go.

that's normal, too... till he gets used to it. It's still lousy though, to seem them uncomfortable.

Archived