Crochet Cruise

One of the banner adds about a week ago had a promo for a crochet cruise to Canada on it. Did any one see this? I have been watching but it hasnt come back. Does anyone from here plan to go on this? Just wondering what a crochet cruise might be like.

Unfortunately, that cruise (featuring Mary Beth Temple and Doris Chan) has been canceled. Just as we couldn't get enough people to attend a land-based weekend retreat, people just don't seem to be spending this kind of money in today's economic situation.

Mary Beth could give you more details about the cruise she helped plan than I can, but going from the information on the website, here are some of the activities that had been scheduled:

• Get Acquainted and Welcome Party
  • Book Signings
  • Crochet Classes
  • Other Crochet Events and Activities

Based on other craft cruises, the crochet events are usually scheduled for the days spent sailing. This leaves time available for cruisers to go off-ship and experience the various ports of call.

We've talked in the past about planning a Crochetville cruise to the Caribbean, but it's going to be awhile before we can plan anything like that. First, I'd want to start slow with the land-based retreat before committing to something much bigger and more expensive like a cruise.

I'm going to start putting back a little here and a little there for the day when that comes, because if Crochetville ever has a crochet cruise, I AM THERE! I have never been on a cruise before and I would just ADORE something like that! I love boats and the ocean AND crochet, so that would be just a dream come true for me!

You will love cruising and once you've been on one, chances are you will go again and again! I usually cruise once every couple of years and I would do more, but unfortunately, I work! :) Anyway, I would love to go on a crochet themed cruise if it's during the Summer and booked far enough in advance that I can pay on it gradually.

In August we are going to the Bahamas on a cruise that begins in Galveston and stops in Key West, FL and Freeport/Nassau and back to Galveston. I can't wait :)

Archived