Using Two Yarns

windsong

Well, I've used all sorts of combos, hee but what are you looking for? I've used separate brands for different stripes, I've used two strands together and I've used worsted and novelty yarns together.

Tell me more! ;)

:crochetingI really like using two or even three yarns at the same time. I like using a really bright variegated yarn and a matching solid color yarn, or a bright variegated with a black which makes the colors stand out. It works very well for afghans.

susan

One of my favorite afghans was two stranded and both strands were supposed to be variegated. I couldn't find enough of the variegated so put a solid with it. I think it really looks better than the original because the colors seem to stand out more.

I've used sport and regular worsted together, two strands of worsted, sometimes both solids, sometimes solid and varigated, worsted and novelty yarn. I had been given cone yarn as a donation, used that along with worsted also. Each one gives a different look.

LI Roe

Thanks so much! It sounds like you can do just about anything.

The other day when I was anxious to begin a project, I bought yarn for an afghan with the intention of using two strands so it would work up quicker. I use two strands of solid for two rows, then two of variegated for two rows. There is an ldc (long double crochet stitch) in it so each color drops down to the other every five stitches or so. It's working out lovely!

Thanks so much! It sounds like you can do just about anything.

The other day when I was anxious to begin a project, I bought yarn for an afghan with the intention of using two strands so it would work up quicker. I use two strands of solid for two rows, then two of variegated for two rows. There is an ldc (long double crochet stitch) in it so each color drops down to the other every five stitches or so. It's working out lovely!

This sounds wonderful :hookplease make sure to post pictures when done :yes

I made an afghan for my nephew that has the long double crochets in them. I used three different colors for that and I alternated the yarn every three rows. Then I made panels and connected them with the light blue and edged the whole thing in the darker blue. I have one now that I am making with light and dark purple yarns. I think it adds a different dimension the work.

Archived