whats ur favorite crochet book??

gavinsmom

Question

9 answers to this question

woops i guess i posted this in the wrong area I thought I was in other crochet topics ... sorry.... but I guess u are helping me to find a good book:lol

I don't have access to many crochet books over here (Germany) other than ordering from the net, which I don't like to do unless I've seen a book in person so I know if I really really want it or not (I'm such a cheapskate rofl) but I have to say, I actually prefer the 'net! Other than this site, I love

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php

http://www.stitchguide.com (they have video clips of someone crocheting stitches! Love this lol)

Between these three sites and reading crochet blogs, I honestly feel no great need for crochet books at this point lol. ?But that's just me ;)

With links, this time -

The aforementioned Bible and Encyclopedia are my favorite all around books. Another one I've seen good reviews of is the Crocheter's Companion, but every time I look at it I pass because I feel like most of the info I know/have in other places.

There are alot of other crochet books I like but they're not as broad.

200 Blocks - I love it for inspiration even though I'm not huge on granny squares

Cool Crochet - Up to date clothes patterns

Hip to Crochet - lots of different projects, good range in style and skill

Crochet School - good compendium (I love that word!) of methods and skills. Great for beginners but also good to refer back to.

Candy Blankies - all baby blankies. i adore this book.

I'll stop now. :blush

LoL I really dont mind all the links ... now my husband I'm sure he doesnt want me going out and buying 8 books but I would love to :lol

I do have a question tho are there any patterns in the bible or encyclopedia or is it all stiches??

Archived