I'm having a Blast!!

For Christmas I received the Crochet Stitch Bible and a perpetual calendar with a different stitch everyday. I have this scarf and hat project for my sister-in-law to make 50 scarf and hat sets by next fall for a couple of kindergarten classes in her school - so I'm going through these - finding patterns I like and making scarves from them! Some of them are really adorable others I frog and think not going to be warm enough or just Yuck! My mother who is a knitter has been knitting in garter stitch a 4 inch wide scarf and then I find an edging we want to try and we crochet around it. She is a shopper and will come home with a couple of skeins of yarn every week on payday and say she can not wait to see how it works up!

I'm not so adventurous with the hats yet - Yarnluver's Striped Boy's hat is so fast and easy for the boys. I have played a little with the girls hats as I have nieces who give me instructions on just how they want it to look and I copy those for the girls hats!!

Just needed to share my fun!

sounds awsome!!

Where did you get the calendar from??

Off of Amazon.com this is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/365-Crochet-Stitches-Year-Perpetual/dp/1564777340/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235576491&sr=8-2

I got a gift card and my mom has one like it for knitting and hers was so neat I got the crochet one!

NEAT!! I wish I had family that would come over with yarn to try out a pattern!! :lol :lol

I hinted to my dh for the 365 days perpetual calendar(last year for Christmas). Let's see, that was Christmas 2007. I have looked and checked the stitches that I really liked. I'm like you, I have tried some of the stitches, some I like and some I particularly didn't care for!! I've been "eyeing" that Crochet Stitch Bible, one of these days I'll have to break down and get it!!

Good luck with all those scarf sets for next fall. Sounds like fun!! :hook

Archived