Working on the Beauty in Bloom pattern

buckynbabies

Question

and I think I need to do a different stitch for the bottom half. I need to make it *much* longer than the pattern calls for, and I am losing it doing all these ch7,sc's!!! So if anyone could please, please, please help me to find a stitch that is nice and mesh-y without all the ch's, I would be soooo grateful!

TIA from a newcomer!

Leanne

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/beauty_in_bloom_poncho.php

3 answers to this question

Hi (from the author of the Beauty in Bloom Poncho)

I'm sorry you're a little tired of the chain-7 mesh! It can get a little tedious after awhile, but the results are worth it (in my humble opinion). You can do as many rows of it as you want...more than the pattern called for if you want it longer.

I don't know what stitch to suggest to substitute, because the pattern was designed specifically for the mesh. I actually believe it's the quickest way (and the least amount of thread) to get the length you need.

Thanks Rachel. After looking at every shawl/ poncho pattern that exists on the net, I think that you are absolutely right about it! I tried it on last night, and it is MILES too big. I can't believe I didn't try it on before now. I have to take out *8* motifs (I started with 24 for a plus sized friend). So when I put it back together, it will move along alot quicker, plus I think that I am chaining too tightly or something, so I will be doing ch8-10,sc. I am hoping that this way I will have to do fewer rows, and I will get the airy feeling that I was missing the first time around! Its a good thing I love this pattern, because this is the 3rd MAJOR frogging that this puppy has seen! I have been promising this to my friend for so long, and I know she will love it when it is finished. Thanks, once again, for this beautiful pattern

Leanne

Leanne,

I'm glad you like the pattern!

I agree...24 motifs sounds MILES too big and it would take forever...I don't blame you for getting sick of it! I've made three or four and I used twelve motifs. They were for slender people, true, but any more motifs and the thing would have been constantly slipping off!

Archived