My sister's birthday is soon..

RainbowBrite

Question

Not sure if this is the right category, so please bear with me.

My sister's birthday is Friday and she'll be turning 13. I had started a scarf for her a week ago, and now I've misplaced it and can't find it. I was wondering if anyone knows something quick and simple to whip up in three days..

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Do you mean another scarf, or something else? I know my family loves slippers. If you mean a scarf, I like to work the length 9chain 225 or whatever) and work in stripes of 2 rows A and 2 rows B. This might work well for her school colors.

Oh, not necessarily a scarf. I mean, she has plenty of those, but I thought it'd be cool to make her one myself.

I still want to make her something, seeing as I have all this yarn, and not a lot of money to spend. I'm not really sure what to make. I already made her a cozy for her mp3 player...but nothing else really comes to mind.

The slippers sound pretty cool, but I know a few patterns call for decreases, which kind of confuse me.

Do you have any of the Lion Brand Fun Fur? You can whip up another scarf in a few hours with that and a large (N or P) hook. They have some pretty colors and I'll bet a 13 year old would love the furriness of the scarf.

Let me know if you need a pattern. BTW, it only takes a couple of skeins.

Well if she is into reading you could whip up a cute button bookmark. It's inexpensives too. It takes one button with the back shank (back loop thingie) and a skein of matching embroidery floss (or size 3 thread if you have some lying around). You could do one of those and a cup cozy for hot coca if she's the type.

If not a lipbalm keychain cozy with a burt's bee balm is always nice too.

Well if she is into reading you could whip up a cute button bookmark. It's inexpensives too. It takes one button with the back shank (back loop thingie) and a skein of matching embroidery floss (or size 3 thread if you have some lying around). You could do one of those and a cup cozy for hot coca if she's the type.

If not a lipbalm keychain cozy with a burt's bee balm is always nice too.

Oooh! That's exactly the type of girl she is.. Thanks so much! I better get started.

Archived