A question & help needed!

I purchased a pattern for a tote bag that is made from the nylon plastic canvas yarn. I love the pattern and the bag will be Mag BUT the yarn starts making my fingers hurt after awhile so stiff and coarse. Any tips for how to deal with this issue maybe crochet with gloves on?? :hook

The question is do you know a good place to get this yarn? I have visited Michaels etc but they have a limited amount and supply. The pattern calls for 250 - 300 yards but I can only find 10 yards hanks and that is somewhat of a pain to keep weaving in ends.

Thanks all!

Hmm, I have only seen them either in hanks also of 10 yards. I have seen them at Walmart. Annies Attic has some. http://www.anniesattic.com/supplies/list.html?cat_id=337 This is the link for the plastic canvas area, if you look through it you will find some. It does have the hanks but I also seen some skeins. If you use a search engine you can search for "nylon canvas yarn" you will be may able to find some more also. I hope you find some.

Hmm, I have only seen them either in hanks also of 10 yards. I have seen them at Walmart. Annies Attic has some. http://www.anniesattic.com/supplies/list.html?cat_id=337 This is the link for the plastic canvas area, if you look through it you will find some. It does have the hanks but I also seen some skeins. If you use a search engine you can search for "nylon canvas yarn" you will be may able to find some more also. I hope you find some.

Oh thanks - the 2 oz skains are approximately 92 yards according to the manufactures website that will be very helpful. Thank you so much!

I purchased a pattern for a tote bag that is made from the nylon plastic canvas yarn. I love the pattern and the bag will be Mag BUT the yarn starts making my fingers hurt after awhile so stiff and coarse. Any tips for how to deal with this issue maybe crochet with gloves on?? :hook

The question is do you know a good place to get this yarn? I have visited Michaels etc but they have a limited amount and supply. The pattern calls for 250 - 300 yards but I can only find 10 yards hanks and that is somewhat of a pain to keep weaving in ends.

Thanks all!

Did you ask at Michaels if they would order you what you need. I once needed a large amount of size 20 thread and A.C. Moore order the thread for me. IF Michaels can order it for you, you can aviod shipping fees at annies attic.

Hobby Lobby has all kinds of nylon thread for crocheting. I think the brand is Omega or something like that. And it comes in wonderful colors, on pretty big spools.

Good luck. We want to see a pic when completed.

:manyheart

Archived