Need Help for Gifts given for Christmas

Hello All,

Where do go when you need some answers? Well Crochetville of Course! :hug

I made gifts for my son's teachers for Christmas this year. We gave each one of them a trinket bowl made from ww cotton so they are about 5 1/2 inches across and a crocheted snowflake. I didn't even think to include a note explaining what the trinket bowls were for. I also sent one to my son and future daughter in law who asked what the heck they were.

Now I wonder if the teachers know what they are for? What should I do? Should I send a note in telling them what they are and what to do with them or just let it be?

Thanks alot,

TLOL,

Toni :manyheart

Just how difficult is it to figure out that something bowl shaped is a bowl? Of course, last year I crocheted wash clothes for Christmas gifts. I wrapped 3 wash cloths together with a very nice bar of face soap from Bee Folks. Now to me, it seemed obvious that the 3 crocheted squares made from worsted weight cotton,with a bar of soap, would be wash cloths, as things given together generally go together. I had two people thank me for the nice doilies.....

See what I mean Faedragon. My son who is an attorney called me and said what is the blue round thing for? I also made him a 1900's dragon filet (it's in doilies show and tell) and he thought is was supposed to be something like a data card. He didn't realize it was a dragon until I told him. He must have originally thought I lost my mind sending him such things. Once I explained what they were he really like them.

I will take all your wonderful advice and just let it go.

Thanks everyone,

TLOL,

Toni

Archived