Looking for US yarn or crochet events to go to in July/August

americanyarns

I'll be coming to CHA in Orlando in July 2009 and will be travelling to a few places around the country before and after the show. I'll be in LA, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Canton (MI), Orlando and finally NY with a possible stopover in NC.

Does anyone know of events happening in these places that I could visit?

Thanks in advance,

Gabrielle

What is CHA and when is it in July; tell me more about it and is it open to all crocheters? I have never been able to go to a large event because they are all so far from where I live. Would love to be able to visit one.

Sorry I can't help with your search.

CHA is the Craft Hobby Association. The show is an industry trade show, open only to those with businesses.

Actually, I just found out that this year, in addition to the trade-only show, CHA is having a consumer show after the trade event. Click here for more information.

I would encourage everyone who can to come to Chain Link (CGOA's conference) in Buffalo in August. I am attempting to organize a yarn shop crawl one day that week to various LYSs in Toronto, Canada, plus a side trip to Niagara Falls.

By that time, Americans will need a passport to get back into the country. So if you want to come on the yarn shop crawl with us, be sure you have an active passport with you.

I'm trying to see if some of the yarn shops will give us special discounts or coupons or something for bringing such a large group into their shops! I'm also making sure that bringing a large group all at one time won't totally overwhelm them and cause them to run away screaming as they deadbolt their doors! :lol

Archived