Crochet Alongs

If you have the pattern then you simply join. There's no time limit. It's basically a way for us to work on the same projects and if we get stuck or need help, the others can help. It's really a lot of support & encouragement. There's no rules. Join in!

I was new to this one too, but as Chatty explained it to me, it is simply a group of people who are all working on the same project at the same time and form a crochet along to support each other. I just joined my first CAL, Cathedral Afghan, and I think it will be great to have a place to ask questions if I run into a snag and have people cheering me on until I finish! Hope that helps!

That's exactly what it is.

In some of the crochetalongs there isn't just one pattern, you can use whatever pattern you like-the Sockalong, Blankiealong, Charityalong, Threadalong, Mittenalong, etc.

Unless the CAL specifies a certain pattern you can use whatever pattern you like.

:frog

Anytime someone decides to think one up! The Cathedral CAL just started the other day, since a bunch of people saw pics of the afghan and were intrigued. The 63 Squares CAL started sometime last year, I think, and I just joined a few weeks ago. Some people are finished, others are still trudging along.

No rules, no requirements. You do keep what you make, but you can share pics of your progress and finished item with the others in the CAL through the thread on this board or on the CAL web page that is (usually) set up by the person who is "hosting" (or coordinating) the CAL.

Join in. It's fun!

EminsMom I believe you just hop in when you can and there is no start or finish deadlines.

Edited to add: Yea what Shea said! darn posting at the same time!:P

CALs start whenever someone decides to start one. You can just jump in on them as there is no set start date. Some crocheters are faster than others, some have more time to crochet. So there's so start or finish dates. The Cathedral Window & Spiderweb Skirt CALs started a few days ago. I see that our mod, Julie, is just starting a Snowflake one. But there is the Sockalong, Bag Along and RipplieAlong and others that have been ongoing since before I joined at the beginning of the year.

Archived