Patons Be Mine problems

Beulah

Has anyone tried crocheting with Patons Be Mine yarn. I have started and re-started this child's poncho 5 times now and by the 6th or 7th row my work is always narrower than the beginning rows even tho' I have the same no. of stitches. I have checked my tension very carefully (#7 hook), but it doesn't seem to matter - the pattern is sc1 into ch1 space, ch1 to last(beginning on following row) 8 stitches which are worked as sl stitches (to make neck narrower). If this yarn wasn't so expensive I'd throw this in the bin, I am so frustrated. Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

I gave up! I figured out that it must be the pattern, as I tried using worsted weight and the same thing happened. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the yarn that I had cut trying to make the darn thing in the first place, any suggestions would be welcome.

How much do you have? You could try another child's poncho patten.

Edit: I don't know anything about the yarn, though. I've never heard of it and my part of Canada apparently doesn't carry Patons because I have yet to find any other than Grace in a tiny little yarn store.

I have some of the Be Mine, and despise it. I was TRYING to make an afghan for my grandbaby to be, but now it's stitting in the bad yarn drawer until it decides to behave. It is a PITA to work with :hook , and even worse to :frog

Kathy

Archived