Help finding yarn

beachlady

Question

Seeking J & P Coats "Royale Fashion". In Leisure Arts "Ruthies Easy Crocheted Scarves" pg 9, it calls for this yarn, says it is Cotton Thread size 3. So far I can not find anyone selling this, not even J& P site, did find it at Michaels site, but they are not selling on line, and it only showed 2 colors. The color is not the problem, just searching for the yarn itself. I sent a email to Leisure Arts, hope they respond. But if anyone has this pattern book or knows who sells this product I sure would appreciate it, also, what other product would produce the same effect. In picture it looks just like a soft type yarn, such as Caron, any help would be appreciated :*ctree

5 answers to this question

I have some red Royale crochet thread, size #3. I don't recall exactly where I bought it, most likely Michaels but maybe Joanns. I've had it for several months now. Both Michaels and Joanns have big thread selections in my area (I was stunned). I'm even more surprised not to be able to find it online. :grumpy This is Speed Cro-Sheen size #3, though I haven't seen it anywhere that comes to mind. I wonder if RH Lustersheen wouldn't work... it might be a little bigger but definitely easier to find online.

If you would like either a purple/lavendar or a cream color I have 3 skeins of each, I believe, that I would send your way, if you were interested. :))

Again, you are all so wonderful. I called Coat & Clark yesterday, and they stated that this is NEW stuff and only Michaels has it, (not real close for me) and selection may not be good, per this rep. But she is sending me the brand new catalog, which has it with all the colors. I hate ordering out of catalog, but do love looking in them. Those of you who have it, do you like it, and what have you made with it, sure would like all imput on this. Thanks again, " I LOVE THIS SITE" :*csheep

I think sometimes that ordering out of a catalog is a little safer than ordering online for the color. Monitors are different and see colors differently sometimes (which explains why my mother thought the last baby afghan I made was in shades of purple and BEIGE!). At least with a catalog you know they tried to get the colors right. I've ordered from catalogs many time (no major credit cards, it is sometimes the only way I can order) and I've not been disappointed with what I've received. In fact, I'd be interested in getting one of those catalogs myself! :))

Archived