Converting patterns

buggaboosmommy

Question

I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert a knit pattern to crochet? :knit

Lion Brand has this lovely sock pattern in it's recent catalog and I would love to make it for myself and a few friends..but it's knit! :eek2

Donna

8 answers to this question

I don't have the link...but it's the Lion Brand Magic Stripes Basic Sock. I just love it because in one of the photos I saw, they used this pattern and added fun fur around the cuff. I feel in love with them! I never make anything for myself, but this has to be my first "ME ME ME" project :cheer2 Thanks for offering to help!!!!!!

I hope this is okay..but here is the pattern listed on their site...

edited by yarngirl to remove pattern (linked below)

Lauri,

Just wondering if you had any luck on the pattern? I am thinking of just waiting until I take a knitting class, hopefully once we arrive in California! I'll take the class JUST to learn those socks! :blush

Thanks!

Donna

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifIt's the yarn that makes those socks, not the pattern. You can buy the self striping yarn and crochet socks from any pattern. Try these

Crocheted Toe Up Shell Sock

Grafton's toe up Stretchy sock

Toe up crocheted socks

I've only made the last one, but the other two look easy enough to do. Remember, socks are nothing but a tube with a heel in it. I believe knitting socks to be much, much, more difficult that crocheting them. I learned to knit so as to make socks. I made one and said, "Not in this life time!"

Thank you for your pattern suggestions and comments :danc I'm going to give one of those patterns a try, I bought some of the sock yarn and fun fur today!

My husband actually bought me a pair of Liz Claiborne (sp) crocheted socks today because he had heard me talking about them so much...he thought buying me a pair would shut me up :blah No chance!!!

I'm finishing up a baby blanket..then socks here I come!!!!!

Donna :ideanot

I'm so sorry for not answering! I've been away from the computer for a few days. I love to knit socks but I've never tried crocheting them. It looks to me like a crocheted sock is very different from a knitted one - I agree with the suggestion to use the self-striping yarn but use a standard crochet pattern.

I don't really care for Lion's sock yarn but Regia is FABULOUS! It is long lasting and has fabulous colors and patterns.

Archived