Big Hook Crochet by Carol Alexander

ratdog

Has anyone looked at this book? I went to Amazon and none of the reviews mention the types of patterns in the book, nor does Amazon offer its "look inside" feature for this title.:think

If anyone has any information or opinions on the patterns in this book it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I got this book as part of of a book club were I could review it for thrity days and then return it but of course it got misplaced so I had to buy it. There are only about five patterns I will use which is the main reason I was going to send it back.

The patterns cover womens shrugs, lacy ponchos, scarfs, hats, afghans, childrens sweaters, pillows, purses, ect... They all look quick most of the clothing could probably be done in a weekend or even an evening.

There is one for a childs vest that I am going to make for my DD and a couple of her friends because it looks like one of those fleece lined cowboy vests. The two patterns that I have near the top of my to do list are a scarf called Leaping Lizards and a baby afghan called Baby Bumps. Both are made with popcorn and bobble stiches that are big, puffy and just plain fun.

If you like using bulky yarns or want a weekend project than go for it. Maybe your local library would have a copy so you could teat it out before you buy it.

Archived