Do I have enough time?

How long would it take to make a Spiderman round ripple? I have two neighbor boys (about 6 years old) who both love Spiderman. I was thinking about making one for each of them for Christmas. They don't have to be very large...just twin bed size. I have never made a round ripple before, so I am not sure how quickly they go.

I would say that I am a slightly above average crocheter as far as speed, and I can devote at least an hour each weeknight, and much more time on the weekends (probably 3-5 hours each weekend.)

Do I have enough time to make two before Christmas? If so, what about three? One of the boys has a little sister, and I would have to make something the same size in girly colors for her.

Thanks!

The thing with RR's is that every row you make, increases in the number of stitches. It starts out small, and the center is easy, but as it gets larger, it can have so many more stitches that a single row can take 45 minutes to an hour to complete.

They look great. But I think three by Christmas would be pushing it. How about making them for their birthdays? Hopefully, they don't have summer birthdays and it would be too hot to enjoy it.

:manyheart

i think you have plenty of time. i can finish one in a week if i set my mind to it. (most of the baby one i do between 30 and 40 inches across i have done in a week) worse case is if you don't finish them in time for xmas you can give them a few days late. but i think you have plenty of time.

I just made one as well and it took me 2 weeks for 64 inches but I could of finished in one week if I didn't have to take my daughter to the hospital 3 times. Good luck! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived