Crocheting on Sweatshirts

Sweatshirts usually do not ravel. I made one for my DH's Grannie. She loved purple and cats. I sliced a purple sweatshirt up the front and did a blanket stitch down the opening. I chained loops for buttonholes and used frog-closures (turned wood beads). Then I crocheted a small cat motif and put it on the left shoulder. I made a larger cat and made a pocket out of it for the lower right. I sewed it on, leaving the back of the cat detached to form the pocket. Once I can get a photo of it, I'll post it.

Sweatshirts usually do not ravel. I made one for my DH's Grannie. She loved purple and cats. I sliced a purple sweatshirt up the front and did a blanket stitch down the opening. I chained loops for buttonholes and used frog-closures (turned wood beads). Then I crocheted a small cat motif and put it on the left shoulder. I made a larger cat and made a pocket out of it for the lower right. I sewed it on, leaving the back of the cat detached to form the pocket. Once I can get a photo of it, I'll post it.

Sounds awesome!

Archived