Hallmark Crocheted Coin Purses

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was in the local Hallmark Gold Crown Store checking out their ornaments when I spotted some crocheted coin purses! I took a good look at them b/c they looked pretty easy to make -- there was a santa face, a peppermint swirl design, a reindeer face, and a snowman face. They looked to be made of crochet thread (bedspread weight?) and looked as though the faces were assembled using easy circles and stitches. If I could find a little coin purse structure to sew it to, they'd be easy to make I'm sure. Price was about $6.

Has anyone seen these? I almost bought one just to study it. lol. Really cute.

I was in there yesterday, looked everything over(or so I thought) but didn't see them. They sound easy enough. I will have to go back and look. Maybe someone somewhere on the net has a pattern available. They would make fun gifts.

They may be a regional thing (I live in the north east) or something. I almost missed them except for the fact that I was trying to waste time before picking someone up. lol. They were displayed near some christmas stuffed animals (like rodney, etc) in a small basket. But they do seem easy enough. I'm going to look for a coin purse frame next time I go to the craft store and try something out myself.

• 4 months later...

they now have the cutest bunny and chick coin purses at hallmark that are so adorable but I am one of those dummies who needs a pattern does anyone have something similar in crochet? Animals head? with zipper or snap or velcro I would love to make them

You can find a lot of purse making supplies here. I haven't seen the coin purse frames in stores around me so I hunted them out online. You might have better luck. Ordering online for just a few items is usually not worth it. I thought I'd put in an order for purse straps, etc to make the shipping worth it.

Archived