CPK Simple Sundress

Nila

CPK Simple Sundress

Hey, I've finally gotten my pattern touched up and ready to go! This dress is a piece of cake to make, and lends itself well to lots of customization.

small_59080.jpg small_59082.JPG

Yarn, Hook, and Gauge

Worsted Weight Yarn

US Size J Hook (6 MM)

Gauge is unimportant. After completing the chest front, just check and make sure that it roughly covers the chest of the doll like in the picture.

Some of my testers mentioned that a J hook seemed a little too big for the yarn. If that's true for you, feel free to jump down to an I or something as long as it doesn't make the chest piece too small. :)

This pattern doesn't take much yarn. Definitely way less than a 7oz skein of red heart super saver.

Pattern

Chest Front

- Starting at the top of the chest, chain 14

1) Sc in the second ch from the hook and in each ch across (13sts)

2-6) Ch 3 (counts as first dc always) and turn. Dc in 2nd st and in each st across.

Do NOT fasten off.

Skirt

Special Notes - From this point on, stitch count is pretty much unimportant. Don't worry about your increases coming out even. They will not fit perfectly at the end of some rounds (you can almost count on it), just fill in with (a) regular dc(s) when that happens. The entire point of this part is just to increase a bunch so the dress comes out slightly wavy/ruffled. ;)

1) Ch 30 and join with a slip stitch to the first dc of the row (the side of the chest bottom you aren't already attached to)

2) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in each ch and dc around. Join with a slip stitch to the 3rd ch of the ch 3.

3) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in each dc around. Join.

4) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in the same st, dc in next st. (2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st) around. Join.

5) Same as round 4

6) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in each dc around. Join.

7) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in same st, dc in the next 2 sts. (2 dc in next st, dc in the next 2 sts) around, Join.

8) Ch 3 and turn. Dc in each dc around. Join and finish off.

Straps

- Join with a slip st to the sc in the top right corner of the chest.

1) Ch 3, dc in the next 3 sts (4 sts)

2-9) Ch 3, turn. Dc in each dc.

Finish off

Repeat this for the top left sc.

Assembly

Fold the dress in half to find (and mark) the center point of the back. Sew the straps in place an equal distance from this center point (I usually go for about 3 sts on either side of the center, but trying the dress on the doll is the best way to tell). Then just secure ends and you're all done!

If you've got any questions, just let me know. :D

Archived