Help with my 1st project

Leanne

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm new to crocheting and am desperately seeking help with my first project. I bought a how-to book of basic stitches, so now it's just learning to read the pattern that is my trouble. Here's what I have so far...

I purchased a book of lace doily patterns and chose to make this one www.craftown.com/doily/pat11.htm. I did the first part that says to make a 10 ch ring. The second step says to chain 4 and then make 35 tr in ring. How do I do that exactly? Because there are only 10 ch to the ring, how do I fit 35 tr in there. Am I missing something? When it says 'in ring' what do they mean exactly? :shrug

In the back of my book, it says if I'm doing a tr in succeeding rows, to ch 4, turn and work next tr c in 2nd tr c of previous row (the ch 4 counts as 1 tr c). Is this what I need to do in this case?

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me. I'm really looking forward to getting on with my doily! :wink

Leanne!

4 answers to this question

Definitely in the ring. If you have a hard time squeezing 35 tr stitches in the ring, try starting your ring with the adjustable ring and save a lot of headaches that way. I use it for mostly thread projects and it is a lifesaver.

If you have a hard time squeezing 35 tr stitches in the ring, try starting your ring with the adjustable ring and save a lot of headaches that way.

I agree, I do everything that is intended to be worked off a chain ring this way now, so so so so much easier!!

Archived