Need to make pom poms for roller skates..

Guest jkeith03

Question

Guest jkeith03

The directions make no sense. It refers me to a page where there is nothing about pom poms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. They can't be too awful big.

:ty in advance!!

Joyce

5 answers to this question

To make a pom pom, all you need is a piece of cardboard cut 1/2 the width you want your pom pom to be. Wrap the yarn around and around until you feel it will be full enough and fluffy enough to suit you. Gently slide your circle/loops off the board, tie a TIGHT knot (I usually wrap the yarn aroung the circle 2-3 times) around the center of your circle/loops. Once tight, you should have 2 fluffy loops on either side of the knot. now, hold onto your tying string, and cut all of the loops. Shape it by trimming it into a nice fluffy pom pom. Really simple once you make one.

Click here for illustrations on how to make a pom pom

note.. they use their fingers instead of cardboard..obviously I prefer the cardboard method, keeps the loops more even since I tend to open and close my fingers and change the tension with the finger method.

Guest jkeith03

Thanks Kathleen, I used a method similar to yours. The only difference is I made 2 circles, 2" in diameter. Then I used a nickel and made the circles into donuts. I cut 4 pieces of yarn into 30" in length, and wrapped them all the way around the donut. Then I cut all the way around the outside of the circle, slipped a piece of yarn between the two donuts, tied tightly the center of the pom poms and pushed it through the donut hole and shook it and they turned out lovely!! :cheer2

Joyce

WOW!

I love this site :)

I was just looking all over for the same thing!

I was trying to find instructions that gave more detail than, "now make a pom pom".

Thank you all...

I'm going to try it out and see which works best for me!

:day

Archived