Running out of motivation.....

I have all these patterns I want to do afghans, a belt, purses, etc. I get started then stop the project I just started. For example I started an afghan worked on it several days in a row. Then I stopped working on it for weeks. I did two rows on it yesterday. I haven't done anymore rows. I just don't know why I don't want to finish my projects.

Has anyone else had this problem? If you had this problem how did you overcome it?

Could the stress I have been feeling about my personal problems be the reason I don't want to crochet?

Has anyone else had this problem? If you had this problem how did you overcome it?

Could the stress I have been feeling about my personal problems be the reason I don't want to crochet?

The stress could be a reason you don't want to crochet - I use crochet to still my mind so I don't fee so much stress . . .

Maybe you are feeling guilty about not finishing your projects and it's not a release, but an added burden. Perhaps you could pick the project that is closest to completion and finish it. At least you'd have a sense of accomplishment and that may get your crochet hook flying again.

Sometimes when I get burnout - I'll pick up a pair of needles and knit a sweater or pair of socks, maybe an afghan. That usually gets me craving my hooks again.

Hope you are feeling better soon :hug:hug:hug

I wish I could help, but I'm right there with you. I have way too many projects that need to be completed!! I promised an Eeyore pillow to a coworker about 8 MONTHS ago and have crocheted less than one ear of the pillow! I need to complete a couple baby blankets and so much more, but it is so difficult to get excited or motivated to begin.

Good luck to you.

I know how you feel, I needed to make my nephew an afghan for Chrsitmas and just couldn't get myself to start it. So I made a giant granny square and was going to give it to him but the other day my oldest DD decided to get rid of an afghan I had made her a few yrs back so instead I am gifting him that afghan, now for some reason I feel I can move on to my other projects without feeling bad about not making him a new afghan. ( I will try to get a pic of this afghan this weekend it's very nice took me months to make at the time)

The stress could be a reason you don't want to crochet - I use crochet to still my mind so I don't fee so much stress . . .

Maybe you are feeling guilty about not finishing your projects and it's not a release, but an added burden. Perhaps you could pick the project that is closest to completion and finish it. At least you'd have a sense of accomplishment and that may get your crochet hook flying again.

Sometimes when I get burnout - I'll pick up a pair of needles and knit a sweater or pair of socks, maybe an afghan. That usually gets me craving my hooks again.

Hope you are feeling better soon :hug:hug:hug

Great idea about the knitting. I have been wanting to watch my knitting DVD "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting" So I Can continue learning knitting.

Archived