Holland Sentinel Newspaper

shemmeke55

There was a whole article in my local newspaper, The Holland Sentinel in Holland, MI last Wednesday! It was saying that Crochet is the new "IT" craft. It explained that for years knitting has been conceived as the more respectable craft, but crochet is taking over! It even gave directions to make a granny square. What I want to know is why there is only ONE person at ONE yarn shop near me that is experienced in crochet! When I needs on help I have to wait till Tuesdays to go bug her :)

Hi neighbor!

I didn't see that article...but then, I don't get the sentinel, either :blush

the lack of LYS's has much to do with the presence of HobbyLobby, Michaels, and JoAnns, and the size of the town and the pathetic MI economy. Sad to say, but true...I worked at the Zeeland Lys before it closed...and much of it had to do with $...essentially zero income. So many customers wanted the stuff the "box stores" carry, that this LYS didn't (and couldn't compete in--price wise). If the economy was better maybe, and people here were willing to spend the $...well, that'd be a different story.

Okay...enough of economy crap ...we're all stuck in it after all. :angry

But hey, we're neighbors...if you need a bit of help, you can come find me :) I don't know how much good I'll be but...:P

Archived