What is this stitch?!? Help Please!

Hello All! Please help me! My sister started this blanket several years ago - she passed away and no one knows who she was making the blanket for. Now I'm pregnant, and I would like to finish it, but I can't figure out what the stitch is! Please help me! Can anyone please identify what this stitch is?

middle.jpgtop.jpg

And for those that want a larger picture to view, you can follow THIS LINK.

Thank you to ANYONE that can help me!!! (This is not a double crochet, and I was thinking maybe a hdc, but I don't know how to do that....)

I agree with Megan...looks like a double crochet to me. I looked at a sweater I crocheted with double crochet and the stitches look identical.

I'd try a different hook.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blhalfdouble.htm is a link to half double crochet instructions if you want to try that.

Also looks like there are videos on Youtube, just google "half double

crochet"

My condolences on the loss of your sister.:hug

Several years ago I lost my beloved sister in law to leukemia. She was a master crocheter. She was about half way thru an afghan she was making for her daughter for high school graduation, when she became too ill to crochet. I finished the afghan and gave it to my niece at graduation. (I did find her pattern.)

I felt so close to her while working on the afghan that I almost hated to finish it, but I did.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.

Congratulations on your little one on the way.!

The blanket was in a bag with enough yarn to finish it, and one hook. So I was just messing around with the same hook that was in the bag, weaved into the blanket.... it's taller than a dc. =( I'm going to try the extended single, and see if that works.... I'll let you all know. Thank you!!!

wow. okay. I've never looked at crochet tutorials because my grandma taught me 'single crochet' 'double crochet' and 'half single crochet' And I've never really used patterns much, except simple things, that only required single or double crochet. NOW I look at all of those videos, and the 'double crochet' my grandmother taught me is actually the extended single! And the stitch in this blanket is a TRUE double crochet. I'm amazed. =) =) =) I heart you all - you're my new best friends!!!!

wow. okay. I've never looked at crochet tutorials because my grandma taught me 'single crochet' 'double crochet' and 'half single crochet' And I've never really used patterns much, except simple things, that only required single or double crochet. NOW I look at all of those videos, and the 'double crochet' my grandmother taught me is actually the extended single! And the stitch in this blanket is a TRUE double crochet. I'm amazed. =) =) =) I heart you all - you're my new best friends!!!!

So glad you figured it out!:clap:clap:clap

Be sure to post a picture when you're finished and a belated :welcome to the 'Ville. You will find so much help and inspiration here.

congrats on figuring it out..... it will be a nice keepsake when you have finished it.... it never ceases to amaze me at how much crochet can help us feel connected to our families and ancestors:)

:lol:lol:lol:lol

For years I thought the extended double was a real double . and the hdc was a sc . . .

I'm self taught - can you tell??? :hook

Archived