Anyone Worked with Hobby Lobby's Frosting?

Hi, I recently went to Hobby Lobby in Mesa AZ (about 3 hours from here) and I bought 3 skeins of "Frosting". I am in love with it, but never used it before. Any tips or ideas for patterns?

I am planning on making a hood out of it, but I just wondered if anyone had any info. I am thrilled with it, but scared to use it! Isn't that silly!

Not to discourage you, but I found Frosting to be the worst yarn I have ever worked with ... even worse than Red Heart Super Saver ... I found it to be greasy feeling and it was difficult to work with.

10045 West McDowell Road Avondale (623) 643-9226

1835 S. Greenfield Road Opened June 16, 2008!

Mesa (480) 813-2261

10656 E. Southern Ave. Opening in 2009 Mesa (480) 380-1509

Woo Hoo! Greenfield is a bit far but since my Dentist is right up the road I think I will pop in over at HL on my next visit. I cant wait until the one on Souther Opens. Thats still far from me but a lot closer than the others.

Oops maybe not. I just maped the address and its farther then Greenfield. Why doesn't someone PLEASE open a LYS in my area???????

I love the frosting yarn. I only use it to trim my projects, it is too hard to work with to use it to make a afghan etc. I made a poncho in red and used white frosting on the edges, so pretty and I have gotten tons of comments. I have trimmed baby blankets with it and have trimmed fleece blankets with it. Hope this helps.:yay

I love the frosting yarn. I only use it to trim my projects, it is too hard to work with to use it to make a afghan etc. I made a poncho in red and used white frosting on the edges, so pretty and I have gotten tons of comments. I have trimmed baby blankets with it and have trimmed fleece blankets with it. Hope this helps.:yay

I love the sounds of that! It sounds gorgeous! I am not shy about trying new yarns. I made some items from the "no Boundaries" yarn last year and I loved it, but I can't find it anymore. I made a hat and an allgator for my husband. I have worked with nobby yarns and crinkly yarns, too, but I am really intrigued with this "Frosting"! I am anxious to try it, but hesitant at the moment. I take it out periodically and feel its softness. I guess being blind I am very aware of how soft it is. I am guessing that single crocht will work up best. thanks for your comments.

Archived