Smiley's NJ Hotel sales

pvtflukd

I see Smiley's will be having hotel sales in NJ next weekend. Anyone planning to go? Anyone gone before? What could I expect to see in terms of yarn and prices? How about lines/crowds? I know it is a cash only experience. I'm still trying to decide if I should try to go. :think

Thanks!

Denise

Well, I just got home from the Smiley's sale in Westchester. It was pretty good. The prices were amazing. They had the TLC Lustre in a few colors. This was 3 skeins for $4. They had a few colors of TLC Wiggles for 3 skeins for $4. They had Jaegar Roma for 10 balls for $20. They had Bernat Lana for $10 for 5 skeins. They had a bunch of the cervinia for $10 for 10 skeins. They had the TLC cotton Plus for $4 for 3 skeins. They also had RH Soft Baby for $6 for 3. They also had Chenille, Symphony, Silky Soft, and tons of other stuff. The cheapest bags were $4 and the most expensive was $20 but this was only for Jaegar Roma. It was very nice and I was in and out in 30 minutes. The lines moved fast. The people were nice and it was a great sale. I spent about $37 and I got

1 bag of Bernat Lana $10

1 bag of Soft Baby $6

2 bags of TLC Lustre $4 each

1 bag of Cotton Plus $4

2 bags of TLC wiggles $4 each

I went last year and although I did buy as there were nice buys, the selection was very limited. The people were very nice but most people were saying it was a very small room and you couldn't really move around. If you never went before I would say to go and experience it. They did have a lot of fancy yarns where I prefer the basics.

I like the basic yarns the best too, but it just turns my stomache that I cannot go and have a look. It's just way too far from me. Their prices are so good. It makes me want to cry.

Archived