useless project :(

Ugh, guys sometimes don't get women. He wouldn't mind a gallon milk jug full of bags or just stuffing them between 2 cabinets in the kitchen lol but women do mind! :yes

Your bag holder is going to be great! It's decorative and yes, useful! So keep crocheting on it. They disguise the bags & like mentioned several times, if it's pretty full, they do sort of feed out the bottom, at least no effort pulling. You can feel the bottom bag & just pull it out.

I bought a cover for the vacuum yrs ago & dh could not figure out why I wanted it lol...at that time we didn't have a cleaning supply closet & the cover disguised the old vacuum in a corner of the bedroom & looked like a granny with a long dress. I loved it. Of course he didn't care if the vacuum looked like a vacuum lol

I should say that it is not always a gender issue though. Some women don't care if a toilet paper roll rests on the back of a toilet but I'd rather it not look like a roll of tissue. People know what's inside it but you don't have to look at it every time you are in there. Instead you can look at a roll with flowers on it or a crochet kitty or puppy. :yes Much more attractive IMO than what's inside. Same thing with grocery bags.

I'm getting more into using reusable bags than plastic bags & I wish I could think of a nice way to store those. You know the bags you can get for .99 at nearly every store now? They fold up but they're like a large square (with strap handles too). Maybe I'll have to design a holder for those LOL...right now I just keep them in the trunk of the car..which is probably better anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone else...when you keep stuffing bags in the top, they push the rest to the bottom. When you pull one out, the next one will be right there at the bottom, just waiting to be used.

Do not despair! It will be useful and you can say, see, I told you so to those that scoff!!

-B

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.

I finished my "useless" grocery bag holder and it came out quite nice. Hung it up in the closet and stuffed it with all those grocery bags laying all over the place. My boyfriend who made the original comment that he didn't see how it would work and laughed at it said a couple days ago, " You know, that thing actually works pretty good!"

I am now in the process of making one for his mother!!!! He is pretty proud of how it came out!

My boyfriend who made the original comment that he didn't see how it would work and laughed at it said a couple days ago, " You know, that thing actually works pretty good!"

Ha! Serves him right for doubting your awesomeness :cheer

Archived