Quick And Easy Thread Earrings

Cliffnote

This pattern was tested, But if you need help or find something wrong or off please let me know. This is my first written pattern, so please keep that in mind.

You may sell,keep,gift, or whatever with the finished items, but please DO NOT sell or post this pattern anywhere else. Thank you.

2806431199_6c7f786544.jpg?v=0

Quick And Easy Earrings

Materials:

size 10 thread- any color

size 7 crochet hook

A pair of hook earrings (or you could use leverbacks too)

a small to medium sized bead

2 Jumprings (optional)

Any type of stiffner

Stitches used:

DC- Double Crochet

Sc- Single Crochet

Ch - Chain

Sl St- Slip Stitch

Gauge does not matter, but you want to keep the same tension throughout both peices.

Before Starting: Before starting your chain or making your slip knot, slip the bead onto the thread. Tie a triple knot so it wont come off. Now, push the bead down to the knot. Holding the bead, wrap it around your hook and tie it on, but do not make a knot, instead, push or pull the tie down to the bead, that is the start of your chain.

Round 1: Chain 30. Sl St to 2nd ch from the bead making a ring around your bead. You should now have your bead hanging in the middle of the ring.ch 3

Round 2: Dc 44 times into the ring, sl st to ch 3.

Round 3: ch 10, sl st to same st you just made a sl st in. *ch 3. sk next dc, sc in next, repeat from * around. ending ch 3 and sc into last dc. fasten off.

Now when you are done take your favorite way to block, and block your work. I used 50% water and 50% white glue. I laid them out on the blocking board and used a paint brush to soak them, turned them over and did the same thing. Then I pinned them into shape,and let them dry.

When dry Attach the jump ring to the chain 10 area and then onto the hook earring.

Those are really nice. I am going to make them in Christmas colors and I have an old pair of earrings with a small bell, not a jingle bell (but I will use them too in other pairs) I think around Christmas time they sell the little jingle bells in colors at some places. I don't wear earrings too often but I do love to at Holidays. Humm I don't think they make thread in orange or I would make black and orange. Just checked and I do have some hobby thread in orange it s a tad thicker than num. 10 but it will work. Gotta go get busy. lol

• 5 months later...

Archived