Summer Eyelet Top

jasmom

I've been really enjoying knitting. I recently finished this top. It's from the June issue of Knit n' Style. It was a fun pattern but the shaping for the neck and sleeves were challenging.

I used 2 skeins of Caron's Simply Soft in Violet. I left off the crochet shell on the neckline and added some ribbing on the bottom to extend the length of the top. I also did 1 row of single crochet on the sleeves to prevent it from rolling.

Thanks for looking!:D

107_1635.jpg

:dayThank you for the wonderful things everyone has said about my top!!!

Goodie2shoes: I'm venturing into skirts. I'm a bit nervous because I'm between 2 sizes for skirts. I'm making the bell curve skirt http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter//PATTbellcurve.html. I finally picked up my crochet hook and I am also making the wave hem skirt from the March? issue of Crochet Today!

Socks always intimidated me. They look like a lot of hard work!

:dayThank you for the wonderful things everyone has said about my top!!!

Goodie2shoes: I'm venturing into skirts. I'm a bit nervous because I'm between 2 sizes for skirts. I'm making the bell curve skirt http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter//PATTbellcurve.html. I finally picked up my crochet hook and I am also making the wave hem skirt from the March? issue of Crochet Today!

Socks always intimidated me. They look like a lot of hard work!

Nope not really so hard lots of good tutorials on the web, Clothing tops, sweaters etc have always intimidated me!!! I should just go for it and get it over with I didn't know much about knitting only crochet so I did some lace and socks before I knew to be intimidated:hook

I checked out your blog. You've made some beautiful stuff. Great center piece and love your hoodies.

I think for knitting, it's the same thing. Just jump right in, it's the best way to learn. The knitting answer book and people on ravelry (and here) are very helpful when I had questions. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your knitting projects! :)

goodie2shoes: I checked out your blog. You've made some beautiful stuff. Great center piece and love your hoodies.

I think for knitting, it's the same thing. Just jump right in, it's the best way to learn. The knitting answer book and people on ravelry (and here) are very helpful when I had questions. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your knitting projects! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I am goodie2shoes also on Ravelry I have learned a lot there. I am on to another pair of socks and trying to decide on a shawl for some alpaca yarn I have been saving. I like knitting it takes less yarn and is letting me try some yummy yarns!

Archived