sick of me yet? no good.. i got a ? for ya

So Im sitting here playing with yarn like I always do. and I decide I am just gonna wing it and come up with a simple plain preemie dress.

Its very basic and super easy.. so it got be thinking.. someone has to have done this before right?

So if I come up with something out of my own brain and post it, what if its out there somewhere ?

i want to share it.. but i don't know if i can lol

IF you come up with it in your OWN brain, there will not be another one written exactly that way "out there". If there is, it is a very slim chance. Please feel free to post your pattern or just a picture if that is what you wish to do.

"Independent creation" is quite legitimate. Copyright is not patent...it only protects the expression of your idea. Other ideas may be similar...there are only so many ways to make a dress, sweater, scarf, etc.... If you made up the pattern, it's yours, even if it bears a resemblance to something already in existence somewhere.

So Im sitting here playing with yarn like I always do. and I decide I am just gonna wing it and come up with a simple plain preemie dress.

Its very basic and super easy.. so it got be thinking.. someone has to have done this before right?

So if I come up with something out of my own brain and post it, what if its out there somewhere ?

i want to share it.. but i don't know if i can lol

It sounds like this is your own original idea, and therefore you can publish your pattern if you want.

Some things are indeed basic enough that there will be multiple variations out there, with nobody infringing upon any else's design.

Archived