Will Lion Brand Jiffy felt?

princessmwm

Will it? I just got 2 skiens of it -1 White and 1 Blush- and I am planning on making a purse with it. I want to see if it will before I do try to felt it. Because it might go wrong like Caron Simply Soft :(. So, if any one out there has tried, plz tell me how it went!

Yarn has to be 100% wool or other animal fibers to felt. Both Caron Simply Soft and Lion Brand Jiffy are acrylics - man-made fibers. They won't felt. You can still make a purse from the Jiffy, just not a felted one.

Jiffy will not felt, but it is wonderful to work with. It just glides on your hook. I used it to make a soft, thick baby blanket, which came out great. I used it double stranded to make a large, floppy tote and I loved working with the Jiffy.

I used Jiffy:crocheting for a Teddy Bear recently - and it was surprisingly easy to work with. Using a hook two sizes smaller than recommended ( I hate stuffing showing through my teddies) and it still was lovely to work with.

The resulting fabric was so dense the bear - shell (i.e. no stuffing) stood up by itself. Something to think about when making a purse!

Manda

Archived