Teaching Classes

Guest SamplerLady

Question

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifMy daughter signed me up to teach crochet classes at her yarn store. That in and of itself is okay, however the first class is next Thursday! :wow

I would like to ask some help. Can you list the one or two things you find/found hardest to understand when you learned to crochet? The things you wish someone had been right next to you to say, "Try it this way, it might be easier." :heart

Once we know how to do something it's hard to remember how frustrating it can be to learn how to do it. :D

Thanks for any help!

Guest ParchedWhisper

How to read a *&*&*&*& pattern and follow it. LOL, but then I have always been visual.

Good luck with your classes! I know you'll do great.:cheer2

:ideanot I agree with the tension issue. When I have taught people, I first have them just run the yarn through their fingers without even picking up a hook. Practice tightening and loosening their grip helps them get a feel for how tension works.

Danielle:spina

I'm with Natalie.. tension and stitch placement. My first afghan is fairly rectangular but a lot tighter at the beginning than the end. A good lesson in learning the stitch however. :)) I learned how to crochet on a granny square, if at all possible adding grannies to a lesson would be really good too.

Archived