What is LYS?

Local Yarn Store (or Shop, I guess). As opposed to craft stores (A.C. Moore, Michaels, JoAnn's, etc.).

In my experience, you have to hunt to find a LYS that isn't terribly snooty or where the people don't look like they've smelled a bad smell when you say you crochet. I've lucked out here...we have a wonderful LYS near us where they are very friendly, helpful, and do offer crocheting as well as knitting supplies.

Local Yarn Store (or Shop, I guess). As opposed to craft stores (A.C. Moore, Michaels, JoAnn's, etc.).

In my experience, you have to hunt to find a LYS that isn't terribly snooty or where the people don't look like they've smelled a bad smell when you say you crochet. I've lucked out here...we have a wonderful LYS near us where they are very friendly, helpful, and do offer crocheting as well as knitting supplies.

How true. I am also lucky to find one that caters to knitters, crocheters, and spinners and weavers. Almost anything you need is at this shop. It's about a 20-25 minute ride, but it's well worth it.

I believe everyone should be treated fairly, and that includes knitters and crocheters in peace and harmony.

Not all shops are that way.

:manyheart

Ahhh, ok gotcha :D I have seen a few little shops around town like that, but haven't gone into any as of yet. Most of them I think are for fabric. Haven't been crocheting that long. I will have to go check them out someday, but with a Hobby Lobby, Micheal's and Walmart, there a quite a few places for me to go. Thanks for the info! (and hopefully they will not be knit-snobish)

Archived