Skirt, Caplet, top

SurendraSkye

Question

I bought the pattern for the skirt, caplet, and tubetop, that was listed in the seeking patterns.:hook I couldn't resist. :yay

But it didn't come out quite right. I made it a large...but I kept thinking this is NOT going to be long enouph...so I put in a couple extra rows...like it said for the extra large...But it is still to short. The bust portion is way to narrow...You would have to be completely flat chested, or risk having yourself exposed. :( Since I made it a couple of rows bigger that instructed I don't know what is wrong.

It said to use worsted yarn...and I used plain old red heart. Could the problem be I need a thicker thread? I love the pattern, but I just don't see how it could be used as the tube top, and thats what I wanted the pattern for.

Any suggestions would be appriecated.

http://fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/AC72.htm

4 answers to this question

SurendraSky, did they email you the pattern or send it in the mail? I ordered it but I am assuming they mail it. Was just wondering.

They sent me the pattern in the mail. It's a very easy pattern, and didn't take very long to make.

I was taught to crochet by grandfather, who crocheted loose, and my grandma crocheted tight, so I ended up right in the middle of them. It was always funny to see them try to make an afagan together...the strips would never match up since their stiches were so different in style. But the afagans they did complete together are all that more special because they were done by both of them.

I'm wondering if redheart just doesn't streach out as much? They said to use I and J needles, and thats what I used. I'll try a bigger needle, and if that doesn't work, maybe I can change the sc to a hdc.

Mine still works for a short skirt, or a caplet, just not the tube top.

Diamond~~Let me know how your first one comes out.

Thanks

SurendraSkye:c9

Archived