epatternscentral

You could email them and ask but the one time I did they told me the information was "a secret". :lol Meaning, I'd have to buy the pattern to find out. They would not even tell me the finished size of the afghan I was questioning! Needless to say I didn't buy the pattern. Some of their descriptions do tell about the yarn, hook size, and/or finished size but some don't.

Daydreamer-girl I have the same problem you have......the yarns that are available here are not the ones that they say they use in the patterns.....so unless a pattern says the gauge the project is worked in, I can't do it unless I change the pattern. Atleast with a gauge, I can combine extra yarns to get a thickness that will approxamate the thickness of a standard WW USA yarn......or a sportsweight yarn.......but without this information I am stuck!:think Good luck.....it is a process of trial and error!:( Craw....they actually told you it was a "SECRET"???? Are they kidding??? I suppose some crocheters could work out the pattern from the pictures......but they wouldn't have sold a pattern to someone like that anyway!

Daydreamer-girl I have the same problem you have......the yarns that are available here are not the ones that they say they use in the patterns.....so unless a pattern says the gauge the project is worked in, I can't do it unless I change the pattern. Atleast with a gauge, I can combine extra yarns to get a thickness that will approxamate the thickness of a standard WW USA yarn......or a sportsweight yarn.......but without this information I am stuck!:think Good luck.....it is a process of trial and error!:( Craw....they actually told you it was a "SECRET"???? Are they kidding??? I suppose some crocheters could work out the pattern from the pictures......but they wouldn't have sold a pattern to someone like that anyway!

Many times, when I use a free pattern where there is no gauge I´ve had to see what kind of hook size they´re using, and guess the gauge from that :P

I bought a pattern there and it ASSUMED that I knew how to do cross stitch on one pattern and another pattern assumed I knew how to do embroider and there were no directions on how to do it.

Another epattern told me the finished size of the square but not the hook and gauge. Shesh.

Donna

Craw....they actually told you it was a "SECRET"???? Are they kidding??? I suppose some crocheters could work out the pattern from the pictures......but they wouldn't have sold a pattern to someone like that anyway!

Yup, they did! I was really only interested in the finished size and whether or not it took worsted weight yarn so I could use up some of my stash. If it was lapghan sized or took bulky yarns I wasn't interested. When I go to the store and look thru a pattern book, I can see all those things ahead of time so I know if I could use a certain pattern or who I would make it for. I'll stick with printed or free patterns from now on. I hate secret patterns!! :lol

Archived