Queens, NY

EEE_mom

Okay so i don't know ANYONE else around here who crochets!! I wish smiley's would put a sit & stitch area in their store - otherwise I'm going to have to take some silly "learn to crochet" class at AC Moore or somethihg just to meet other people!

Okay so i don't know ANYONE else around here who crochets!! I wish smiley's would put a sit & stitch area in their store - otherwise I'm going to have to take some silly "learn to crochet" class at AC Moore or somethihg just to meet other people!

I don't know where in Queens you live but I just read in one of the local papers that the Fresh Meadows Library has a Knitters Group there that meets two times a week. A lot of the library's have groups like that and you can call a couple of them to find out if they have any. Its a nice way to meet people and they are always willing to help others advance with their skill if they need it. I joined one a few years ago and it was mixed some knit and some crocheted. Good luck with finding a group near you :)

I'm currently in Sunset Park...I've lived in Park Slope and Borough Park too. My aunt lives in Queens - Ozone Park - not too far from Smiley's. Small world!

I'm currently in Sunset Park...I've lived in Park Slope and Borough Park too. My aunt lives in Queens - Ozone Park - not too far from Smiley's. Small world!

Wow, I grew up in Ozone park, in Woodhaven now - right around the corner from Smiley's!

Small world...yes :yes

Wow, I grew up in Ozone park, in Woodhaven now - right around the corner from Smiley's!

Small world...yes :yes

No kidding! If I lived so close to Smiley's, I'd be totally broke!

No kidding! If I lived so close to Smiley's, I'd be totally broke!

YES!

I had to stop going because my 3 yr old would walk in there with me and start yelling "Oh mommy! look at all the beautiful yarn!"

the girls there thought it was adorable.....

I left that day with 6 balls of stratta that I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in - because she said I had to make her a "beautiful" sweater...

I wish they would put in a couple of couches and a coffee pot........course, then my DH would probably disown me!

Archived