Ribbon iPod Cover

Yarnluver

Several months ago I found a great pattern that gave me the first opportunity to use the Lion Brand "Incredible" that I had bought last year at a Dollar Tree. This one is the one I made for my daughter (but she doesn't use it because she'd bought herself a plastic :eek one...) I felt insulted because I even bought "jewel" buttons and beads to make it prettier and crocheted the strap so she could tie it up to a belt loop in her jeans but I know I'll eventually find someone else who can appreciate it more. I made several of these little covers for my nieces who live in another country, each one in a different color, but I guess my daughter just didn't feel those were "cool" gifts because she never delivered them and worst yet, lost two of them - one I was able to give to one of my sisters who decided to use it for her cell-phone instead. After I crocheted non-stop just before she left on a trip there for a wedding I think that was awful of her! :angry

iPodCover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Belated thanks everyone, I forgot to subscribe to this thread and I've had a lot going on so I forgot to come back here.

Well, I believe crochet is making a 'come-back' and maybe all of us here are influencing that. During my recent trips to the Dominican Republic I was thrilled to see that my younger sister owns a 2-piece crochet dress and at least another "beachy" looking halter-top long dress that has the top made in several shades of green thread. Her 25 y.o. daughter also had a (short) dress with the halter top in a gorgeous flower pattern and she told me she loves crochet, that she thinks it's more sophisticated than lace and it's the "in" thing now. I wish I'd had the time to sit down to figure out at least one of those patterns but I didn't, but I'm pretty sure I can search on the 'net for similar patterns so I can make similar things myself.

I took with me the body of a "hobo" bag in shell stitch (hmm, many of you will know which one I'm talking about...) that I'm making for the same sister and she loved it. I used a #3 thread together with Bernat's "Matrix" and the results were well worth the trouble so I believe now that using our creativity would helps present crochet in ways that may appeal to people who may not have been interested before.

Archived