Yoga, anyone? My yoga mat bag

mason204

Hi all:

Excited at the prospect of starting yoga again and armed with my very own mat, I decided to make a carrying case for it since it's a 1/4" mat and is awkward to carry.

I wanted something that I could crochet in an evening and after reviewing some knitted patterns and a few crocheted ones online, I couldn't find what I needed. They were all lovely but more work than I bargained for.

I sat down and improvised. Here's what I came up with:

2701411004_dc00256278_m.jpg2701411956_f2d29be217_m.jpg

After painstakingly crocheting, then ripping, then crocheting some more, I finally finished my bag. :sweat Wouldn't you know it, after I'd finished, I came across a few bags on the Internet that bore an uncanny resemblance to my own. I was shocked :eek at first - hey, I thought mine was an original! Then it was kinda spooky when I realized great minds think alike! :tup Hey, how many different ways are there to make a tube? :lol

Well, I have the pattern written and can post it if anyone is interested. I thought I'd jot it down as I need to make another for my daughter and it would be easier than working from memory.

Cheryl.

I carry my mat strapped in two places and joined together so I can use the strap for leg extensions....what is a pain in the you-know-what is to carry my two yogo bricks!!

Your yoga mat holder came out quite nice!! I have been taking yoga class for about 3 months now and I finally bought my own yoga mat!! I too have been looking for an easy crochet or knit yoga mat holder on the web. There are really some nice ones out there, but I wanted something plain and easy. Also something that wouldn't take up so much yarn or time!! I did end up knitting myself a holder. It seemed like it took forever going round and round and round!! :lol I've been a bit busy this summer trying to come up with a pattern of my own. When I saw yours, that's kind of something of what I was thinking of!! You did a great job on yours!! If you don't mind--would you share your pattern???:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Archived